Why join Flinders Yacht Club?
FYC is a community and facility built, maintained, operated and administered by its members who have generously contributed their time, energy, and often financial commitment, over the last four decades, to create our unique "playground by the sea".
Members participate in the general maintenance and upkeep, special projects, club administration, social calendar and the operation of our many programs, both on and off the water. More than simply an economical means of maintaining our infrastructure, the philosophy engenders a cooperative spirit that has forged many deep and longstanding friendships.
If you wish to be part of this community and we can look forward to your active participation in club activities, then we eagerly await your application for membership.
"As in all things in life, enthusiastic participation is the essence of true enjoyment."
Our members have privileged access to the following all year round:
- A fabulous location right on the beach
- Easy parking
- A comfortable club house that includes refurbished bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen
- A full social calendar of structured events and (BYO) casual gatherings
- An expansive deck with shade sails overlooking the bay
- Wide grassed area with built in barbecue
- Free storage of kayaks and stand up paddle boards - (one per membership, clearly marked with name and telephone number)
- Summer sailing school and supported casual sailing
- Club dinghies and trailer sailors available to competent sailors
- An active Off The Beach and Keel Boat racing calendar
- A wonderful community of supportive and welcoming people
To activate your membership application, please see the process below:
- Download, read the information and complete the relevant forms attached below
- Forward hard copies to: FYC Membership Secretary, c/o Flinders Post Office, Flinders, Vic 3929.
OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application will be reviewed by the FYC General Committee
- You will then be advised if your membership has been approved. If so, you will be requested you make the applicable payment
and send payment confirmation to the FYC Membership Secretary.
- The FYC Membership Secretary will then make a time for you to be given the FYC induction, a tour of the club and handed a key to FYC.
To apply for membership, please complete, sign and submit the following 3 x documents :-
1. Application for Membership
2. Membership Fees
3. Conditions of Membership
These three documents are to be sent to FYC Membership Secretary,
C/O Flinders Post Office, Flinders, Victoria 3929. Jacqui Kelly / Membership Secretary - Flinders Yacht Club
The Following Links to 2021-2022 Membership Documents :-
Other Supplemental Documents that may be of Interest :-
FYC Strategy Plan 2017-22.pdf