Covid-19 - Flinders Yacht Club Update 17 September 2021
The Clubhouse is closed.
Restriction changes for metropolitan Melbourne and City of Ballarat
From 11.59 pm Friday 17 September:
The most significant change is that there will now be one other reason to leave home for outdoor social interaction. The main changes are as follows:
- Travel limit extended to 10km from place of primary residence
- Socialise or exercise (up to four hours, with one other person plus dependants if they cannot be left unattended. The other person can be from another household).
Up to five people may gather from two households to socialise or exercise if everyone over the age of 18 has had two vaccination doses
Sailing is allowed for exercise – Subject to
- It is within 10km from home
- For up to 4hrs, once per day
- With a mask
- With one other person (plus dependents that cannot be left unattended)
Many people who do not store their boats at home will require them to access their craft. Sailors can
- Access Boats from open-air yards. So long as sailors can practice social distancing and other covid requirements, a facility such as a clubhouse is not entered.
- Sailors can access boats on moorings and marinas. However, so long as members can practise social distancing and other covid requirements, a facility such as a clubhouse is not entered.
- Boats may be accessed from storage or dry stacks, if done in a retail style, click and collect, covid-safe manner, and if the storage facility has this same understanding.
- Members should enter and exit the boat storage area as quickly as possible and not work on their boats or gather in groups within the yard.
Please support our COVID-Safe Officers in their efforts to keep us all safe when sailing and socialising.
To view our FYC Covid Safe Plan click here: FYC-Covid-Safe-Plan
For the latest Sailing Australia / VIC advice click here: https://www.sailing.org.au/news/victorian-covid-update-17th-september-2021/